A happy tenant can unleash so much potential. From a long and happy tenancy for both your tenant and your landlord, to maintaining an excellent reputation among tenants, and guaranteeing a regular income.
So, when it comes to letting your property whether you’re based in Thetford, Norfolk or across the UK, how can you ensure a happy tenant?
- Target the right tenant: Don’t expect the right tenant to turn up. Selecting an agent with tenant-rich email list, a clear marketing strategy and a successful vetting process is important. Agents will undertake tenant referencing, making sure their tenants are reliable.
- Regular communication: With technology playing an essential role in delivering a happy tenant, 24-7 communication has never been easier. Whether there is an issue within the property, or you need to keep tenants in-the-know on inspections, important dates etc, your selected agency will ensure it has the tools to keep an open communication with your tenants.
- Reasonable rental costs: Setting rental costs too high will guarantee your tenant will walk rather than stay put, leaving your property empty and you with no rental income.
- Act on maintenance issues quickly: Maintenance repairs and updates are inevitable, so whenever an issue arises, be sure you’re in a position to either instruct a fix quickly, or empower your agency to resolve the issue in a timely manner.
- Stay up to date with regulations: They’re in place for a reason: to protect the safety of your tenants and your property, so make sure either you or your letting agent are up to date with the latest regulations.
- Be prepared to be flexible: A long-term tenant may require a little flexibility in terms of what’s allowed and what’s not allowed within the property, so make sure your tenants understand your rules. Are pets allowed? If not, this may close the doors on a section of reliable tenants. Can tenants decorate? If so, to what extent. Your tenants would love to make your property their home, especially to guarantee a long-term, happy tenancy.
In need of a letting agency in Thetford? Contact the Lawsons team today.